Sunday, May 15, 2011

Saturday Market and some skully-ness~

 I went over to the Saturday Farmers' Market in Lakeside but it was a drizzly day and my Hen & Honey source wasn't there. So sad, with empty basket, I headed home.
 This was the spooky view at Laburnum and Hermitage, with the A.P. Hill monument in the middle of the circle.
 Here's my skull for the Skull Appreciation Event. I cut the top off, and will use that for the base. I sprayed the inside black. I punch out lots and lots of 1" circles from a very old Larousse Atlas (very old, it still showed the Ottoman Empire!) I'm going to cover the pieces in map circles, and the rest is a surprise! These will be sold at the event to raise money for The Richmond Peace Education Center.

 I'm using Golden Gel Medium and it's working nicely.
I also made a square for the quilt that Abby is putting together to auction off as a fundraiser at the event.  I used the last of the Skull-a-Day fabric, that my son had passed along to me. I'd made some small purses (aka Pockets) out of it but still had some remaining. This is for a 12" square.

As you can see, a lot of skull activity going on. Now, I'm going to set up a blog for the Skull Appreciation Day mail art call that I posted. So much skully-ness!!

1 comment:

phonelady said...

my goodness you are such a crafty woman . im so glad to include you in my set of friends . Good to see you back home and safe after your trip from afar .

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...