Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Party memories!

 We set up tables in our new patio, not many as we needed standing room for the guests. This inaugural party was to celebrate the engagement of our son and his fiancee. The guests were their friends  and a few relatives.
 Our friend, Harvey made some wonderful food, like this caponata.
 Their friend Carole made them some delicious cupcakes.
 Harvey stuffed all of these pea pods with creamy cheese. Really pretty, right?
 This was a whirl of people going by. Everyone seemed to have a nice time, our son and NDIL enjoyed seeing people they hadn't seen in years, friends from childhood and college. 


We were happy we could host this, we were happy to meet their friends, and see friends of theirs whom we hadn't seen since they were very young. We're now adjusting to post-party life.
Sunday, we took a walk to a local place for brunch, and came upon this curious site on the next street. Today, when I mentioned it to a friend at the Farmer's Market, they said that it was someone joking about The Rapture. Oh, I get it! I didn't at the time. I thought it was an art installation. Silly moi!

5 comments:

phonelady said...

LOL !!! too funny .

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

I would have thought art installation too....the party looks like great fun.

Margie said...

Yay, such fun! Your patio looks smashing. Party planning is a lot of work! Can't wait to see your skull project. Chop, chop, LOL! Xo

joemmama said...

Your patio is lovely! I am sending a pic to my husband...hint hint...

Anke Martin said...

Congratulations to your son and his financee!!! Looks like a wonderful party! And your new patio looks awesome!!!

Smiles, Anke ;)

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...