Friday, May 13, 2011

#163 process and series, and the mystery of the tape solved.

 I decided to use some of the papers that Pamela send me from SFO. I chose a blue matt board and used spray adhesvie on the lacy pieces and glue stick on the others.
 I was able to cut 9 standard sized postcards from the board. I turned it over so that I couldn't control where the cuts came and thereby got some nice random-ness.
 I added pieces of my new paper (Washi) tape to each of the cards. Hopefully, the tape will be more than a design element, holding pieces in place as they pass through the postal machine.

And now the puzzle of who sent the tape has been solved. It was a Mother's Day gift from my daughter. Way better than flowers!



1 comment:

Cappuccinoandartjournal.blogspot.com said...

Hi Mim--So fun to see what you are making with the joss paper I sent you. Looks great.I love playing woith those papers. And yes--washi tape for Mother's Day is way better than flowers. You are a lucky mom!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...