Monday, September 13, 2010

A very cool idea! Papergirl San Francisco!

Awhile back I posted about this cool project in San Francisco. Art will be rolled up like a newspaper and tossed from a moving bicycle to random people. Read about it here. It's based on an idea started by a woman in Berlin. Read about the original project here. SO, I made some art and sent it off yesterday. Here's what one piece looks like, except you have to image this image centered on a piece of 8.5 X 11 (21.5 cm x 27.9 cm) I did 6 pieces based on three of my collages. Here's what I did: I copied three collages 2X in black and white on regular copy paper. I added lines with colored pencils with the circular lines representing the art being tossed. I then used my sewing machine to sew on something additional. The pieces can be rolled up easily. What fun to participate in this project.

1 comment:

Beanie Mouse said...

Oh what a brilliant idea!!! I might have to pinch this one!!!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...