Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Vintage Tea Towels and Pandas.


My younger sister sent me some tea towels that had belonged to our mom. I was able to make some cute Pockets out them. I like these Pockets so much that I went to look for more Vintage Tea Towels on-line and my goodness, the ones that were nice like these were $20 (usd) each!! I'm only charging $20 (usd) for each Pocket. I might have to start going to flea markets (which is not something I particularly enjoy doing.) $20!!!


I found some red panda print fabric. It's a heavy 100% cotton, made in USA (rare) stashed in a trunk. It's from the 1970s. I put it through the washing process twice and the musty smell went away. I think it made a cute bag. The pocket on the inside has a panda image on it, too. Cute!


These will be for sale at the street fair on Saturday. Whatever doesn't sell, I'll put into my Etsy shop.

2 comments:

phonelady said...

those are uber cute and ooh lah lah . You should charge 20 dollars a piece for them as well . I think that they are way more than worth it . You do beautiful work and you should charge for it .

Lesa said...

Love the vintage towels! Your pockets look so cute!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...