Sunday, August 29, 2010

Vietnamese yumminess


My sister and I took Mom for a pedicure this morning. While we were at the salon, a man came in to deliver some lunch to the staff. We were able to buy some items from him, too.  We got 2 packages, leaf wrapped sweet rice filled with bean and mushrooms. He also had tiny shrimp egg rolls that we needed to fry. So here's what they looked like when we got them, while frying and after. They were sooo delicious. We ate them with a sweet hot pepper sauce. The sweet rice was also good. This food was made by his mother and he delivered to the nail salons every three weeks. Guess his Mom was busy cooking for all the time.

1 comment:

phonelady said...

oh wow gotta love that kind of food .

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...