Thursday, December 24, 2009

Holiday eats

Merry Christmas to all my friends out there who'll be celebrating this holiday tonight and tomorrow.
We're stopping by our neighbor's briefly before heading off to the country to be with friends tonight. I've made my yummy spread (yes, cheese and butter mixed!) and my chocolate pecan pie (which gets topped with whipped cream.) I'll be making another pie for tomorrow night's Christmas day dinner, which we'll celebrate with other friends, AFTER our niece's open house. Oh so much eating. I feel immensely grateful for such abundance. For any of you who may have tried to make my oatmeal cookies....big apologies. I forgot, YES, skipped over, two very important ingredients. Our cousin, the original cookie maker, tried the recipe and got tasty but odd cookies. Pourqoui, por que, you may ask...what I forgot was the flour and the baking soda!! In my haste to share the recipe, I never reviewed before posting. So Sorry! The recipe has been corrected so if you are game to try again, or even for the first time, you can find the recipe here.

1 comment:

phonelady said...

sadly no we wont be going anywhere saving every dime we can for our trip . that means no christmas dinner this year either . Too much money

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...