Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Mail Art


I read about this book on Missive Maven's site. I ordered the book and it arrived yesterday, though I didn't go out my front door until this morning. Wow, what a delight. There are great tips, mail artists that are familiar to me and a whole bunch of new ones. There is an envelope template, some removable postcards that can gain a surprise for you when you send them in, and some stickers. The photographs are excellent, the resources very useful, and the side bars are filled with information. It's a DIY inspiration! The author's are Jennie Hinchcliff and Carolee Gilligan Wheeler. The book is Good Mail Day, A Primer for Making Eye-Popping Postal Art.

1 comment:

phonelady said...

I think I do mail art pretty well but looks like an interesting book . I have someone in my pen pal circle who calls me her sticker doodle doo pal . Anyway good news we located our female turtle down the road at a neighbors she apparently after being taken was scared and went up under the ladies fence and left some scales so we could find her .Im sure the lady could tell we were happy to get her back . Oh well great blog and tootles .

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...