Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Moon Landing memory

I found my folder with the newspaper I'd saved from this historic day, Monday, July 21, 1969. The paper is fragile, brown and crisp. I was able to carefully scan a portion of the front cover and an inside page. I don't remember where I was that specific day, I lived in Richmond, Virginia, USA at the time, but the newspaper is from New York, so maybe I was visiting the city at that time. I remember the feeling of unreality and being very anxious for the men, and very excited as it was a dream come true from all of the sci-fi lit I'd read when I was younger (okay, I'll admit it, I still read it.) Why we haven't gone anywhere else since then is interesting to contemplate.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...