Tuesday, February 10, 2009

A Valentine

This afternoon, my doorbell rang, and when I opened the door, there were four happy faced little girls smiling up at me. Adrianna and her sister Sage, and their friends Odessa and Isadora, had walked around the corner to deliver Smitty's first (probably ever) Valentine's day card. Is this adorable or what?! I wish I'd taken a photo of the girls holding the card but I was just too much in awe of the situation to grab my camera. Adrianna has been taking Spanish since she was in Kindergarten (she's now in second grade) and she knows that I'm studying the language, too. Smitty showed great interest in the girls, which probably was his appreciate for the card, though I'm not sure he understands Spanish.

2 comments:

MBirch said...

oh my god, i almost wept. that is the sweetest valentine ever!!

Beanie Mouse said...

Who's Smitty?

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...