Saturday, December 06, 2008

Tour Eiffel, Friday

These images were taken yesterday when we went to Musee du Quai Branly. From the Cafe, where I was standing in the entry waiting to be seated, from the steps outside the cafe, from the bus as we pulled away from the Champs de Mar bus stop on the #69 which goes from there, winding through the city, all the way to Gambetta near Pere Lachaise cemetery. We get off 2 blocks from the Cite when we take this bus. It's a tour in itself. I highly recommend it (as does Rick Steves, for you fans of his.) Did I ever mention that this is my favorite Paris sight? We can see it peeking over roof tops in the distance from our windows, about 3/4" or 2 cm. At night, there is a beacon going around from the top, it is lit up blue, and on the hour for 4 minutes or so, it totally sparkles with light. I love it!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

ah Tour Eiffel! Hope to see you soon!

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...