Friday, October 31, 2008

Last market day....


This past Thursday was the last day for Victory Farms market stand at the Farmers' Market downtown. It was so chilly in the shade under our stand. We had less produce but still it was very beautiful. Lots of greens, potatoes, radishes, cukes, and we practically sold out everything. We were sad that this was over, as we said so long to our buddies at the market, but Gina and Charlie will continue to bring veggies to the market in Oregon Hill and at Forest Hill Park. I, meanwhile, will be exploring markets in other places. To see more produce from our last day, check out my other blog.
These photos are of a couple of the veggie critters that showed up during the season. A cuke duck and an eggplant birdsnake. Doesn't Gina look cute holding the parsley?

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...