Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Purse for Change

Okay, here's a bit of self-marketing! I just added a couple of purses for change to Fritzi, my Etsy shop. I made so many last week that my neck hurt from bending over my sewing machine, I was like obsessed with making these. I loved every part of the process from choosing from my fabric stash, cutting out the pattern, choosing the combinations (what lining with what outer fabric,) choosing the buttons, and even ironing the seams. I'm giving myself a rest from it all, focusing on the class I'm teaching at the VMFA studio school. I have a piece in the studio school faculty exhibit, with a reception this Friday; if you're in the area, come on over.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...