Thursday, January 10, 2008

More NYC fun


I spotted this water sampling station in Chelsea. I'd never seen one before and neither had the people I was with and they live in Manhattan. The Chrysler and the Empire State buildings! How's that for a NYC playground? Perfect! Here's the new Apple store? Building? on 14th Street. Last time we were in the city, this building was a grocery store of some sort. Now it's three floors of Apple showroom, playhouse, um, whatever.









We went to a lot of galleries in Chelsea last Saturday. At Eyebeam (I think that's where it was) I saw this video on the VideoBox, which is on the outside of the building, note my reflection. See the word "DO!" I loved the video being shown. It was by João Leonardo, a typographic video of a letter by Sol LeWitt, the one he wrote to Eva Hesse. I love that letter!

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...