Saturday, December 15, 2007

Last days in Paris






Well, I have to do it...I have to post the last photos from our last days in Paris. I put it off because once posted, it means the trip is really over. It flew by!

Okay, here's what you're seeing...a view of a French village as we were flying back to Paris from Dublin, the skating rink we watched being constructed on the parvis in front the Hotel de Ville (the igloo is where you rent skates,) a view from our studio on a rainy day (you can kind of make out the map of Korea in the lower right corner, you know the one that looks like a bunny statue,) and the Christmas decorations on the corner by the Pont Marie metro entrance. There's a similar one by the St. Paul metro. Big red and gold bows decorate trees. Lower branches have been pulled down to hide the tree trunks. Real grass was laid down and trimmed in a curve. We watched them create these, too.

1 comment:

Phyllis said...

I feel like I've had a virtual trip to Europe. :-)

My email addy is dephal@sbcglobal.net. I'd so love to try some of your teas! That's really sweet of you to offer. :-)

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...