Saturday, April 14, 2007

more of the Vietnamese restaurant




We were seated right under the TV, though there were many empty tables in the place. The cut-out woman with the baby is by a mirror, and if you look closely, you'll see John and Susan and the TV reflected in it. The TV was showing, what I assumed, was a classic Vietnamese mythic tale. The monkey man was very fabulous. The women were beautiful and laughed a lot with high little voices. The pig nosed man was pretty scary looking. Any idea what this story was? The food was very good with large portions, as you can see from two of the dishes we had, and it was very inexpensive. What a treat.

1 comment:

Noah said...

Wow, where is this place and do they have any vegetarian food?!?

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...