Friday, October 06, 2006

collages



I've been making collages from papers that I've collected here, including wrappers from breads and pastries. Amie asked me to post some so here they are. Size, small, paper size 21X29.7 cm mostly, some a bit larger paper was used for the base, and some are 11 X 11 cm or so. We have a little metric ruler with us (15X15) and found a larger one in the storage closet (30 cm) and are adjusting to seeing the metric lengths. Oh boy it's taking adjusting! I was used to the 24 hour clock because I never changed the clock in my VW Beetle, which was set to the 24 h clock. But I never thought about adjusting myself to the metric system. I'm having fun with the collages. Chuck has helped me think of a way to present them once I return home, if I want to show them. Well, I'm off to make more collages.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...