Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Centre Pompidou






It was rainy so we decided to spend time indoors. Centre Pompidou was perfect for a dreary afternoon. We loved the show. It was called The Movement of Images. The work was organized around film and moving images. Sequence, montage, narative, projection. Works from the permanent collection were used to demonstrate each of these. Films, paintings, drawings, sculpture, furniture, architecture, artist books were all on display. It was an amazing presentation, very informative, and overwhelming. We were exhausted by the time we finished going through it, but energized at the same time. I took a few photos but they don't give the scope of the exposition, only a little taste of it.

1 comment:

Le Synge Bleu said...

my favorite place in Paris! i miss you. a lot.

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...