Monday, September 11, 2006

Palais de Tokyo






Sunday, late morning, we took the metro to see what show might be up at the Palais de Tokyo. When we last were there, it didn't have much exhibit space. I think we saw a history of photography show. Now it's been redone. Well, not exactly redone, more decontructed, as Chuck put it. They were installing the next show, so the interest for us was the building itself. The bookshop and the boutique were open, though so we looked around. After that, we went next door, the east side of the building, to the Musee d'Art Moderne de la Ville de Paris. Such a long name! There was a Dan Flavin retrospective up which we'll see after Chuck gets his ID card from the cite. Free admission then. We went through the permanent collection, which is very impressive. I especially liked seeing the Yves Klein pieces in that special blue he had developed for him. There was a good Fluxus installation and some Arte Povera works, and much more. We had lunch in the little cafe. I wish I'd taken a photo of the little quiches we got. They were so good. We got a fruit "cup" and Chuck understood the man when he asked "chantilly?" You can be sure that Chuck said "oui!" As we left, we got a peak at the Tour Eiffel.

No comments:

How did I get into this?

I was asked when I started doing Mailart. Good question. Like many artists, I was making and mailing art without even knowing it had a name ...